NHDES 2014 Training Schedule for Solid Waste Operators
DES will hold a series of workshops intended for renewing solid waste operators. Seats are limited. All Workshops provide 2.5 hours of continuing professional development hours.
All Workshops are held at the NHDES offices in Concord unless otherwise specified.
All Workshops meet on Friday from 9:00am to 12:00pm unless otherwise specified.
(* This workshop is on Thursday). Please arrive 15-30 minutes before the workshop start time. To register for a workshop, please contact Nelson Ordway at 271-2925 or at email@example.com
- Used Oil : BMPs, Compliance and Spill Response, March 14, 2014 NHDES – Concord
- Groundwater Basics, Landfill Monitoring and Case Histories, April 11, 2014 NHDES – Concord
- Mock Transfer Station Inspection, May 9, 2014 Location – TBA
- Household Hazardous Waste and Batteries, June 13, 2014 NHDES – Concord
- Current Trends in Recycling, July 11 2014 Location – TBA
- Best Management Practices for Transfer Station Operators, August 8, 2014 Location -TBA
- Basic Training: A Refresher Course, September 12, 2014 NHDES – Concord
- Scrap Metal and Storm water Management, October 10, 2014 NHDES – Concord
- Universal Waste, November 13, 2014* NHDES – Concord
- TBA, December 12, 2014 NHDES Portsmouth Regional Office
New Basic Training Class and Exam
- Date: Thursday, March 6, 2014
- Schedule: Arrive and sign in from 8:00 am to 8:15 am. Class starts at 8:30 am and ends at approximately 2:30 pm followed by the exam for new operators. Most people take about one hour to complete the open book, multiple choice, exam.
- Refreshments: Lunch and Breaks are provided.
- Location: NHDES, 29 Hazen Drive, Concord
- Class Description: The new basic training class is for first time operators. Priority is given to first time operators but renewing operators can use the class toward continuing professional development provided they are present for the entire class. They are not required to take the exam. To register, call 271-2925 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Waste Oil Field Test Information – Word Doc or PDF
- Waste Oil Field Test PowerPoint – PowerPoint or PDF
- Universal Waste Notification – NH Facilities – 4.15.10
- Waste Notification Form
- 2013 DES Annual Facility Report for Transfer Stations, Recycling Facilities and Composting Facilities – DUE MARCH 31, 2014!!!!
- NH DES Operating Plan Checklist – Page 69 (2013)
- 2013 DES Solid Waste Operator Training and Certification
- DES OneStop – Facility Information