New Workshops Being Held in Rural Communities
This Fall DES will hold a series of free workshops intended for solid waste operators as well as town officials. Participants will receive a reference manual with BMPs and other pertinent information related to proper management of solid wastes such as asbestos, paint, electronic waste, and composting. We will also discuss financial incentives related to recycling and developing business partnerships.
The BMP workshops are supported by a federal grant from the US Department of Agriculture to support solid waste education in rural communities.
- Tuesday – September 24 at Tuftonboro Old Town House - 9:00 am to noon / 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Thursday – September 26 at Lempster Town Meeting Hall – 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm / 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Tuesday – October 1 at Pease International Tradeport – 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Friday – November 8 at DES Concord – 9:00 am to noon
- Thursday – December 5 at DES Concord – 9:00 am to noon
New Operator Class and Test
The new operator class is for first-time operators and operators that are eligible to upgrade to a higher level. Priority is given to new/upgrading operators, but experienced operators can use the class as a continuing education workshop, provided they are present for the whole class. To register, call 603-271-2925 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friday, October 25, 2013
- Class: 8:30 – 2:30; testing starts at 2:30
- DES – 29 Hazen Drive, Concord
- Lunch and breaks are provided
Universal Waste Notification – NH Facilities – 4.15.10