The 2014 BACKYARD COMPOSTING
NRRA is pleased to offer its annual compost bin sale once again. If you have participated in the past, please note that we have changed some things about the sale. If you are a new participant, welcome! We have structured the sale this year to address some logistical challenges that NRRA has had in the past, and we hope this new procedure will work better for all involved.
As in the past, you can offer these for sale to your residents or other folks at your cost, or you can use this as a fundraiser. NRRA will still assist groups with providing promotional poster and order form templates.
The primary change in the sale this year is that all orders must be made in full pallets. All pallets will be direct shipped to their final destination, and all pricing will include shipping. If you are unable to commit to full pallets, we encourage you to work with another group or town in your area and share the order. Click here to see participation packet for pallet sizes.
While we fully expect to obtain enough orders to make this sale worthwhile, we do have a minimum that we need to meet in order to ensure a successful sale. In the unlikely event that we do not reach our minimum, we will not be able to proceed with the sale. Therefore, we will collect orders through Friday, March 14, 2014. So long as we have received the minimum orders required, we will proceed with filling the orders. Either way, we will notify all participants on Monday, March 17th whether or not the sale will proceed. For that reason, we recommend that you collect orders prior to March 14th but not collect any payment until after March 17th. All payments should be made out to your group. Final payment to NRRA should be made in one check from your group to NRRA.
As in the past, you can choose to resell these items at cost or use as a fundraiser. Even if your group uses this as a fundraiser, pricing is still well below retail costs. So unlike other fundraisers, you are offering a great value for the dollar.
Timeline of Events
Sign up for sale – send in your participation form. Upon receipt, NRRA will send you a customized order form and poster that you can use to promote your sale. Collect orders untilMarch 14th, 2014
- March 14th
Orders are due to NRRA no later than 4:00 p.m. on February 28th
- March 17th
NRRA will confirm orders. If minimum orders are not received, NRRA will notify you that the sale cannot proceed. Otherwise, collect payments for your orders.
- April 1st – 11th
Deliveries will occur (you will be contacted prior to delivery to coordinate) Payment for entire order is due to NRRA upon delivery
- April 11th-on
Pick up of orders from your group/organization
Note: All orders will be shipped directly to the location requested. Our truck will deliver items on pallets and will get the pallet to the end of the truck. You will need to have the ability to unload the truck (forklift, loading dock, or folks available to assist in unloading). If you do not have the ability to unload the pallets off the truck, we can provide that service for a flat $ 50 charge. Deliveries will be prearranged with you and they will occur
between April 1st and April 11th. You will then be able to distribute the orders by Earth Day (April 22nd).
Using the principal of cooperative purchasing to leverage lower prices, the NRRA is offering municipalities, community groups or service organizations (one lead group per community) Earth Machine™ Backyard Compost Bins , Systern™ Rain Barrels, Kitchen Scrap Pails, and Compost Turners for sale. See more details on products below.
They can be sold to homeowners at low, “buying power” prices: bins at $47 (retail value of $100), rain barrels at $62 (retail value of $120), pails at $8 each, and Compost Turners at $18. Or you may choose to use this sale as a fundraising opportunity and sell the bins and/or pails for $52, $67, $10, and $20 raising $5/$5/$2/$2 from each sale.
For more information contact us at email@example.com or 603.736.4401 ext. 10 or to sign up fill out the
Items you can sell or buy…..
#1 SELLING COMPOST BIN!
- Converts grass, leaves and table scraps into an abundant supply of rich garden soil
- Large 80 gallon capacity
- Reduce the amount of garbage you generate by 25% or more
- Easy, snap together assembly
- 10 year warranty
- Made from recycled plastic
- Twist locking pest-resistant lid
- Free Instruction Manual with each Bin purchase
- Assembled dimensions – 33″x35″
SYSTERN RAIN BARREL
- Saves water & cuts household sewage treatment
- Can cut water bills up to 40%
- Excellent water source for lawns & indoor/outdoor plants
- Free from chlorine & other water treatment chemicals
- Large 55 gallon capacity
- Made from High Density Poly-Ethylene with up to 50% recycledplastic
- Tan color blends into landscape
- Mosquito mesh keeps out bugs and leaves
- Easily attaches to your existing downspout system & has overflow capability to another Systern or to ground run-off
- Accessories included
- Attractive & easy to use
- Hinged lid snaps securely to pail
- White & beige color
- 2 gallon capacity
- Pail width easily accommodates the shape of plates for “mess free” scraping!
NEW! COMPOST TURNER
- Turns compost without resorting to the traditional back-breaking job of removing & reloading by shovel
- Simply plunge the Compost Turner into the compost pile; as it is withdrawn, the heavy-duty blades open to aerate & turn the compost
- Sturdy, professional quality
- 34in./86cm long