*If your town/municipality has equipment that you’d like to sell or a job posting you’d like us to include in our publication, please email your posting to Stacey Morrison at email@example.com*
RECYCLING/SOLID WASTE MANAGER
The Town of Plymouth is currently accepting applications for the full-time position of Recycling/ Solid Waste Manager. Applicants must have the ability to coordinate and manage various functions and operations of the Town’s Transfer Station/ Recycling Center. Applicants must have Class IV operator certification, and recycling management background. For a full job description see the town’s website at www.plymouth-nh.org.
If you are looking for a drug free, appreciative working environment that offers a competitive wage and benefit package including: Vacation, Sick Leave, Personnel Days, Educational Training, Health Insurance (Employee pays 15% of premium), Dental Insurance (Employee pays 100% of premium), Group Disability and Life Insurance, and retirement through NH Retirement System, you may be the person we are looking for. The Town of Plymouth is an equal opportunity employer.
Resumes with cover letter may be submitted to: Paul Freitas, Town Administrator
Town of Plymouth 6 Post Office Square Plymouth, NH 03264
(603) 536-1731 office
(603) 536-0036 fax
electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org
Transfer Station Supervisor
Town of Chesterfield is seeking a motivated team player to serve as Supervisor for the town’s Transfer Station. Saturdays required. Responsible for planning, directing, conducting and administering all functions of the Transfer Station. Must be responsible, hard working, dependable and work well with the public. Some mechanical skills a plus. Applications may be obtained at the Chesterfield Selectmen’s Office or Transfer Station. (603) 363-4624 ext 10. Applications should be submitted to the Selectmen’s Office by noon on August 31st.
Rick Carrier, Chesterfield Town Administrator
(603) 363-4624 x13
SOLID WASTE MANAGER
The Town of Marlborough (pop. 2,000) seeks a knowledgeable and experienced, part-time (approx. 20 hours/week) Solid Waste Manager to manage and coordinate all aspects of the community’s Recycling Center/Transfer Station. Working under the supervision of a three-member Board of Selectmen, the Manager supervises three part-time employees.
Desired skills and experience include knowledge of municipal solid waste and recycling management issues, mechanical aptitude and “trouble shooting” skills and experience operating mechanical/motorized equipment used in solid waste operations. The candidate must have or be eligible to obtain State certification. Must be able to perform physical tasks including lifting, turning, reaching and squatting. Candidates should possess proven interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, with the ability to maintain positive working relationships with elected officials, department heads, employees and the public. In addition, working Saturday (the center’s busiest day) is required.
Salary for this part-time position is dependent upon qualifications and experience. Submit cover letter, resume and references to Sandra LaPlante, Administrative Assistant, PO Box 487, Marlborough, NH 03455 or email to Selectmen@marlboroughnh.org by noon on August 11, 2015. The Town of Marlborough is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Part Time Transfer Station Attendant
The Town of Greenfield, NH is looking for a part time transfer station attendant. 10+ hours per week. Must work Saturdays. Background check required. For questions/inquiries please call 547-8617 or email resume to email@example.com
Compliance Officer – ecomaine
ecomaine, a leader is sustainable waste management strategies, is currently looking for a Compliance Officer to add to their team. This position will be responsible for developing, implementing, and executing the Regional Hauler Permitting & Compliance Program. Other responsibilities include the following:
• Review applications, issuing permits and collecting permit fees.
• Investigating and ensuring compliance with the Regional Hauler Permitting & Compliance Program, providing appropriate documentation and background to owner communities to address compliance issues.
• Track tonnage and waste flows to properly manage the program. Stays abreast of latest developments and trends in the industry to provide community members with up to date information.
• Provide education and outreach materials associated with this program, as well as the outreach and educational programs that the organization offers.
• Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelors’ or Associates Degree related to environmental and/or enforcement issues or an equivalent amount of education and experience providing the desired skills, knowledge and ability to perform the function.
• At least three years of experience and be comfortable with compliance and enforcement issues.
• Creative, outgoing, multi-tasker, self-starter, very well organized, able to make well-reasoned decisions, a problem solver, and is independent while still being a team player.
• Able to work effectively with all levels within ecomaine
• Valid State of Maine driver’s license and insurable under ecomaine policies.
• Must have strong writing and computer skills specifically with the Microsoft Office Suite of Programs.
ecomaine is a equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates can also apply online at jobsinme.com.
Wanted to Buy
Town of Gilmanton needs 10 Wheeler
10 Wheeler w/hoist for roll-offs, does not need to be road worthy. Need to move containers on site.
Contact: Board of Selectmen or Town Administrator,Gilmanton, New Hampshire 03237 (603)267-6700
Selco Vertical Baler
Weathersfield, VT DPW has a used Selco Vertical Baler for sale. Model# V5-HD. Good working condition. $5000.00 or Best Offer. Contact Wesley Hazeltine at 802-291-3219 for more information.
IPS Model AT965HS100 Auto Tie Baler
One (1) IPS Model AT965HS100 Auto Tie Baler, 100 HP power unit, built in January 2001. The baler will need to be removed from the facility. Asking Price is $65,000.00. More Pictures are available upon request. Contact NRRA if interested or if you would like more information. (email@example.com)