*If your town/municipality has equipment that you’d like to sell or a job posting you’d like us to include in our publication, please email your posting to Stacey Morrison at email@example.com*
City of Lebanon-Full Time Solid Waste Operator
Applications are now being accepted for the Full Time, AFSCME represented position of Operator in the Department of Public Works, Solid Waste Management Group as further described below.
JOB TITLE Operator
GRADE/AFFILIATION 3 – AFSCME
COMPENSATION RANGE $18.60 – $22.17 per hour
DEPARTMENT Public Works
GROUP Solid Waste Management
POSTING DATE: May 11, 2016
CLOSING DATE May 20, 2016
Position performs skilled labor tasks and operates equipment required for the maintenance, repair and construction of streets, sidewalks, grounds, equipment, facilities, utilities and other publicly owned property for the Public Works Department. Works with private utilities and construction companies to minimize service disruptions. Responds to emergency situations as required. Position reports to the Maintenance Superintendent.
Duties include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Operates heavy trucks both single and dual axle with or without attachments such as plows, sanders, chemical spreaders for removing and/or hauling of debris, snow and ice, etc. from public property, and transporting materials.
- Operates small roller, mowers, skid steer with attachments and other related equipment.
- Operates equipment for the movement, spreading, compacting and covering of solid waste and for the processing of recyclables.
- Assists and/or serves as the Weighmaster.
- Performs general maintenance and repair work in the care and maintenance of solid waste equipment and facilities.
- Performs walk around inspection on assigned equipment and preventive maintenance tasks such as greasing, fluid top offs, etc., necessary for the proper operations of equipment.
- Promotes and maintains responsive community relations
A candidate for this position must have graduated from High School or the equivalent, have three (3) to five (5) years experience in utility and/or highway construction, a Commercial Driver’s License Class B; Water Distribution System, Waste Water Collection System Construction Certification and Solid Waste Operator and Weighmaster Certification from NHDES as required.
Position subject to DOT drug and alcohol testing. A pre-employment physical and pre-employment DOT drug and alcohol test are required.
Applicants without a current CDL must have a valid driver’s license upon appointment and subsequently obtain CDL licensure within 6 months of appointment.
Full job description is available online at http://hr.lebnh.net/index/jobs. A City of Lebanon Employment Application is required. Send completed applications to: Human Resources, 51 North Park Street, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03766 or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOLID WASTE MANAGER
The Town of Swanzey (pop. 7,230) located in southwestern New Hampshire seeks a knowledgeable and experienced Solid Waste Manager to manage and coordinate all aspects of the community’s Recycling Center/Transfer Station as well as its operations processing recyclables and accepting other solid waste. Working under the supervision of a three-member Board of Selectmen, the Manager supervises one full-time Assistant Manager and 6 part-time employees.
Desired skills and experience include knowledge of municipal solid waste and recycling management issues, mechanical aptitude and “trouble shooting” skills, some experience operating mechanical / motorized equipment used in solid waste operations. Experience with computers and Microsoft Office application is desired. Must be able to perform physical tasks including lifting, turning, reaching and squatting. Candidates should possess proven interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, with the ability to maintain positive working relationships with elected officials, department heads, employees, and the public. In addition, working Saturday’s (the center’s busiest day) is required.
Salary for this full-time position is dependent upon qualifications and experience, and includes a competitive benefit package. Submit a Town application, cover letter, resume, with salary history and (3) references, to Michael Branley. Town Administrator, PO Box 10009, Swanzey, NH 03446, or email@example.com. Interested candidates should review the full job description on the Town’s website www.town.swanzey.nh.us or upon request. The Town is looking to fill the positions as soon as possible and applications will be reviewed upon receipt.
The Town of Swanzey is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SOLID WASTE MANAGER
The Town of Marlborough (pop. 2,000) seeks a knowledgeable and experienced, part-time (approx. 20 hours/week) Solid Waste Manager to manage and coordinate all aspects of the community’s Recycling Center/Transfer Station. Working under the supervision of a three-member Board of Selectmen, the Manager supervises three part-time employees.
Desired skills and experience include knowledge of municipal solid waste and recycling management issues, mechanical aptitude and “trouble shooting” skills and experience operating mechanical/motorized equipment used in solid waste operations. The candidate must have or be eligible to obtain State certification. Must be able to perform physical tasks including lifting, turning, reaching and squatting. Candidates should possess proven interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, with the ability to maintain positive working relationships with elected officials, department heads, employees and the public. In addition, working Saturday (the center’s busiest day) is required.
Salary for this part-time position is dependent upon qualifications and experience. Submit cover letter, resume and references to Sandra LaPlante, Administrative Assistant, PO Box 487, Marlborough, NH 03455 or email to Selectmen@marlboroughnh.org by noon on August 11, 2015. The Town of Marlborough is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Compliance Officer – ecomaine
ecomaine, a leader is sustainable waste management strategies, is currently looking for a Compliance Officer to add to their team. This position will be responsible for developing, implementing, and executing the Regional Hauler Permitting & Compliance Program. Other responsibilities include the following:
• Review applications, issuing permits and collecting permit fees.
• Investigating and ensuring compliance with the Regional Hauler Permitting & Compliance Program, providing appropriate documentation and background to owner communities to address compliance issues.
• Track tonnage and waste flows to properly manage the program. Stays abreast of latest developments and trends in the industry to provide community members with up to date information.
• Provide education and outreach materials associated with this program, as well as the outreach and educational programs that the organization offers.
• Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelors’ or Associates Degree related to environmental and/or enforcement issues or an equivalent amount of education and experience providing the desired skills, knowledge and ability to perform the function.
• At least three years of experience and be comfortable with compliance and enforcement issues.
• Creative, outgoing, multi-tasker, self-starter, very well organized, able to make well-reasoned decisions, a problem solver, and is independent while still being a team player.
• Able to work effectively with all levels within ecomaine
• Valid State of Maine driver’s license and insurable under ecomaine policies.
• Must have strong writing and computer skills specifically with the Microsoft Office Suite of Programs.
ecomaine is a equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates can also apply online at jobsinme.com.
Wanted to Buy
Town of Gilmanton needs 10 Wheeler
10 Wheeler w/hoist for roll-offs, does not need to be road worthy. Need to move containers on site.
Contact: Board of Selectmen or Town Administrator,Gilmanton, New Hampshire 03237 (603)267-6700
Diesel Hyster Forklift & Two Balers for Sale
The Town of Canaan, NH has the following items for sale, Please contact Mike Samson (603-523-4501 x 5) if interested or if you have any questions.
1) 1986 Diesel Hyster H40 XL forklift, Load capacity 4,000 lbs.
2) TWO , Advance Lifts Downstroke Balers BR9000 SN 18004 997A and BR9000 SN 18004 997B. Looks like it’s rated for 15 HP but I haven’t climbed up to look.
Both in excellent condition. Acquired from NETC.
At Spector Manufacturing Inc. providing the highest level of customer satisfaction is our top priority. Founded in 1994, we have quickly grown to become an industry leader for all your demolition, construction, and waste management needs. We offer a wide variety of steel and aluminum moving floor, rear ejector, and dump trailers that can be custom tailored to meet your specifications. In addition, we also carry an extensive parts inventory to meet all your repair needs. Our on- site repair facility is open to all makes and models and our repair crew has a combined experience of over 40 years in the industry! In short, whatever your needs are, Spectec is here to help you take care of them.
Contact: Faller Enterprises LLC (603) 455-6336
Selco Vertical Baler
Weathersfield, VT DPW has a used Selco Vertical Baler for sale. Model# V5-HD. Good working condition. $5000.00 or Best Offer. Contact Wesley Hazeltine at 802-291-3219 for more information.