Collection Location Guidance Document
If your facility would like to become a collector under the Vermont E-Cycles Program, please follow these guidelines for getting started.
If you have any questions or concerns at all, please contact NRRA at (800) 223-0150 ext. 19 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Vermont E-Cycles Program went into effect on July 1, 2011. The process of signing up collection locations is ongoing. You do not need to have been signed up by the start of the program in order to participate. Facilities can join the program at any time.
Effective July 1, 2011, all facilities in Vermont accepting Electronic Waste for recycling must register with the State Agency of Natural Resources. Those facilities that wish to participate in the Manufacturer sponsored Vermont E-Cycles Program managed by NRRA, to provide free electronics recycling to “Covered Entities” in Vermont must also sign up with NRRA.
1) Your collection location(s) must register with ANR. The registration process is relatively simple and is available at: http://www.anr.state.vt.us/eWaste/Collectors.aspx
2) If your location(s) do not wish to participate in the Vermont E-Cycles Program, you may continue collection as usual. Those locations wishing to change their status in the program should contact NRRA.
3) If your location wishes to participate in the Free E-Cycles Program, you should complete the rest of these steps.
4) Contact NRRA at email@example.com or (800) 223-0150 ext 19. We can answer any questions and assist you with the rest of the process.
6) A representative from one of our primary recyclers will be in touch to help you get started.
7) Begin Collection! Remember to, at a minimum, segregate material collected from Covered Entities from everything else and to follow the State Regulations and NRRA Guidance Documents.
8) When you are at 75% of E –Waste storage capacity, Call (800) 223-0150 and ask to speak with your Member Services Representative to schedule a pick up. Bonnie, Marilyn, or Adam will complete a brief, one time, informational interview with you, then schedule your first e-waste pickup.
9) Our Primary Recyclers will compensate based on the sorting methods you employ.
10) If you have any questions or concerns about the program or NRRA’s performance, please call us at (800) 223-0150 ext 19 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11) If you have questions about scheduling pick ups, please call (800) 223-0150 and speak to your Member Services Rep.
Thank you for partnering with NRRA and our other Collection and Recycling Partners to make the VT E-Waste Program a success.